Stress is your body’s way of responding to any kind of demand. It may be internal or external demand. It can be caused by both good and bad experiences. When people feel stressed by something going on around them, their bodies react by releasing chemicals into the blood. Stress is only harmful when it becomes overwhelming and interrupts the healthy state of equilibrium that your nervous system needs to remain in balance. Stress is not an illness itself, but it can cause serious illness.
Doing yoga practice can be a great way to reduce stress, stay in shape and calm the mind. Seated postures like child’s pose can induce feelings of calm and help put the mind in a meditative state, while empowering positions like standing forward bend and eagle pose can calm the mind while also energizing the body.
In fact, stress is the body’s general response to any demand made on it, regardless of whether that demand is pleasant or unpleasant, or whether it is emotional or physical. Relaxation helps reduce stress by distracting your mind from stress provoking thoughts. Besides various relaxation techniques help to counter effects of ‘fight or flight’ reaction.
Ten simple and effective stress management ways are as follows:
1. Do things you enjoy:
– Pamper your self,and make sure you do something you really enjoy at least once a day.
2. Talk about it:
– Where you feel you can, discuss your problems with your partner or close friend in order to see the situation more objectively.
– Laughter is a fabulous healer and encourages social bonding. The act of laughing also increases the oxygen supply to the lungs, stimulates the production of endorphins and can produce a feeling of euphoria. Occasionally it may also open the gates to tears-another positive release.
4. Yoga Exercise:
– Burn off the energy that stress generates before it burns you up. A study at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, shows that 20 to 30 minutes of aerobic exercise that raises your heart rate to about 120 beats per minute at least three times a week can lower depression and anxiety within 12 weeks. Performing some stretching exercises or regular exercise pattern can help you combat stress.
5. Dont always be a pushover:
– Make space for yourself and get some respect. State your options clearly and calmly. Don’t wait to be asked, and then feel angry and overlooked if you’re not. Make sure to put yourself first sometimes.
6. Be creative:
– Women often feel stressed, frustrated and depressed when family or business management pushes creativity out of the picture. Taking up a stimulating new interest helps you to keep an open and progressive mind.
7. Be yourself:
– Accept your personality, don’t try to alter it. Instead, learn to manage your strengths and weaknesses. Likewise, stop chastising yourself for past mistakes. Learn from them – then let them go.
8. Dont procrastinate:
– By procrastinating you are putting things off and they end up building up, then a bunch of little things turns into a big thing that causes stress.
9. Be positive:
– Approval-seeking and self-doubt both erode self-esteem. Tell yourself you can do things not merely to stay popular but because you genuinely enjoy them. Remember the glass is half full.
10. Find support:
– When you are stressed be around family and people that care about you. it will make things easier on you because there are strength in numbers.